Senior Living in Woodbury, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Woodbury, NJ: 08096
- Woodbury scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Woodbury scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 31 hospitals within close range of the city, including Underwood Memorial Hospital, Camden Cnty Hlth Servs Center, and Kennedy University Hospital, Inc (stratford Divis.
- There are 159 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brightview Woodbury Lake Assisted Living, Brookdale Deptford, and Deptford Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1234 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 156 golf courses in or around the city, including Westwood Golf Club, Woodbury Country Club, and Maple Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Timber Creek Park, Red Bank Battlefield Park, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park.
- There are 486 churches in or near the city, including St John Vianney Catholic Chr, St Patrick\'s Church, and First Baptist Church-Jericho.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 846 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 38 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 368 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,837, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,982, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,095, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.94%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Woodbury receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Woodbury has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Woodbury has a dense population density of 2,387.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Woodbury have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Woodbury has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.34%.