Senior Living in Woodhaven, New York
Top zip codes in Woodhaven, NY: 11421
- Woodhaven scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Woodhaven scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 82 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, Jamaica Hospital Med Center, and Forest Hills Hospital.
- There are 344 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Independence Residences, GEFEN Senior Care Group, and Atria Kew Gardens.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5736 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 193 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Park Golf Course, Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 54 parks near the city center, including Highland Park, Juniper Valley Park, and Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
- There are 1953 churches in or near the city, including St Thomas the Apostle Rectory, St Stanislaus Rc Church, and True Jesus Church Inc.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3353 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 237 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1172 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,656, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,120, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,615, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.70%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Woodhaven receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Woodhaven has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Woodhaven has a very dense population density of 30,378.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Woodhaven have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Woodhaven has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 76.92%.