Senior Living in Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Woonsocket, RI: 02895
- Woonsocket scores significantly lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Woonsocket scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Landmark Medical Center, Inc, Rehabilitation Hospital, and St Joseph Health Services Of Ri.
- There are 113 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Trinity Health and Rehabilitation Center, Oakland Grove Health Care Center, and Woonsocket Health and Rehabilitation Centre.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 381 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 160 golf courses in or around the city, including Maplegate Country Club, New England Country Club, The, and Bungay Brook Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Woods State Park, West Hill Dam, and Slater Park.
- There are 276 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Chr, Sacred Heart Cath Chr Rectory, and St Agatha\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 206 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 141 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,021, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,329, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,316, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Woonsocket receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Woonsocket has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Woonsocket has a dense population density of 5,321.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Woonsocket have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Woonsocket has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 75.04%.