Senior Living in Worcester, Massachusetts
- Worcester scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Worcester scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Vincent Hospital, Adcare Hospital Of Worcester Inc, and Umass Memorial Medical Center.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lutheran Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, Nedc Adult Day Care, and West Side House of Worcester.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 282 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Worcester Green Hill Municipal Golf Club, Tatnuck Country Club, and Worcester Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Elm Park, Green Hill Park, and Tower Hill Botanic Garden.
- There are 127 churches in or near the city, including Second Baptist Church, Wesley United Methodist Church, and Presbeterian Church of Ghanna.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 156 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 113 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,563, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,438, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,553, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Worcester receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Worcester has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Worcester has a dense population density of 5,563.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Worcester have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Worcester has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 83.27%.