Senior Living in Worcester, New York
Top zip codes in Worcester, NY: 12197
- Worcester scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Worcester scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodside Hall, Clara Welch Thanksgiving Home, and Otsego Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Leatherstocking Golf Course, The, Cobleskill Golf & Country Club, and Stamford Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Betty and Wilbur Davis State Park, Belvedere Lake Resort, and Susquehanna State Forest.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (St Paul\'s Lutheran Chr and United Methodist Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,015, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,804, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,508, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.85%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Worcester receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Worcester has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Worcester has a very sparse population density of 33.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Worcester have a long daily commute time.
- Worcester has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.64%.