Senior Living in Wurtsboro, New York
Top zip codes in Wurtsboro, NY: 12790
- Wurtsboro scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Wurtsboro scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Horton Medical Center and Middletown Psychiatric Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, The Eliot at Erie Station, and Fortune Road I.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Orange County Golf Club, Walker Valley Golf Club, and Forestburgh Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Korn\'s Shawangunk Kill Campground, Berentsens Campground, and Camp Kaylie.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Otisville-Mt Hope Presbyterian, Holy Name of Jesus Church, and St Paul\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 62 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,204, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,491, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,531, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.85%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wurtsboro receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Wurtsboro has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wurtsboro has a sparse population density of 101.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wurtsboro have a very long daily commute time.
- Wurtsboro has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.04%.