Senior Living in Wycombe, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wycombe, PA: 18980
- Wycombe scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wycombe scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Warminster Hospital, Foundations Behavioral Health, and Doylestown Hospital.
- There are 138 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including American Prosperity Group, Buckingham Valley Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Richboro Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 570 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 169 golf courses in or around the city, including Northampton Valley Country Club, Bucks County Country Club, and Neshaminy Valley Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Tyler State Park, Bowman\'s Hill Wildflower Preserve, and Washington Crossing Historic Park.
- There are 179 churches in or near the city, including Forest Grove Presbyterian Chr, St Lukes Episcopal Church, and Shir Ami.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 176 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 218 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,241, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,978, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,442, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.07%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wycombe receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wycombe has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Wycombe has a sparse population density of 214.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wycombe have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Wycombe has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.72%.