Senior Living in Wyncote, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wyncote, PA: 19095
- Wyncote scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wyncote scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 62 hospitals within close range of the city, including Chestnut Hill Rehab Hospital, Elkins Park Hospital, and Holy Redeemer Hosp And Med Ctr.
- There are 270 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Genesis Healthcare, The Oaks, and Hillcrest Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1801 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 172 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedarbrook Hill Country Club, Lu Lu Country Club, and North Hills Country Club.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Curtis Arboretum, Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, and Lorimer Park.
- There are 743 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Assembly of God, All Hallows Nursery School, and Woodcrest United Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1141 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 52 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 469 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $90,839, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,066, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $44,052, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.23%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wyncote receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wyncote has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Wyncote has a dense population density of 3,306.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wyncote have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Wyncote has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.99%.