Senior Living in Wyoming, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Wyoming, PA: 18644
- Wyoming scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Wyoming scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Hospital Of Wilkes-barre, Wilkes-barre General Hospital, and Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highland Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, The Meadows Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Keystone Adult Day Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 236 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Four Seasons Golf Club, Applewood Golf Course, and Fox Hill Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Frances Slocum State Park, Kirby Park, and Seven Tubs Nature Area.
- There are 110 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Roman Cath Rectory, St Frances Cabrini Church, and Our Lady of Sorrows Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 110 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,997, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,265, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,875, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Wyoming receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Wyoming has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wyoming has a sparse population density of 460.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wyoming have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Wyoming has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.09%.