Senior Living in Yakima, Washington
- Yakima scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- Yakima scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Yakima Regional Medical And Cardiac Center and Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Highgate Senior Living, Foresyth Place, and Angel House Adult Family Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Fisher Park Golf Course, Suntides Golf Course, and Westwood West Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Yakima Basin Fish & Wildlife Recovery Board, Franklin Park, and Indian Painted Rocks State Park.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including Yakima Seventh-Day Adventist, Holy Redeemer Church, and St Paul\'s Cathedral.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 60 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.74% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,330, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,075, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,059, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,110 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,040 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Yakima receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Yakima has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Yakima has an average population density of 1,449.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Yakima have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Yakima has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 75.50%.