Senior Living in Yonkers, New York
- Yonkers scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Yonkers scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 47 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph\'s Medical Center, St John\'s Riverside Hospital, and St John\'s Riverside Hospital.
- There are 281 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Westchester Center for Independent and Assisted Living, Sans Souci Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Regency Extended Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2330 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 219 golf courses in or around the city, including Dunwoodie Golf Course, Siwanoy Country Club, and Sprain Lake Golf Course.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Tibbetts Brook Park, Untermyer Park & Gardens, and Palisades Interstate Park.
- There are 823 churches in or near the city, including Community Memorial Baptist Chr, Our Lady of the Rosary Church, and St Bartholomew\'s Church.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1519 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 62 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 657 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,796, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,099, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,524, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Yonkers receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Yonkers has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Yonkers has a very dense population density of 12,165.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Yonkers have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Yonkers has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.73%.