Senior Living in York, Pennsylvania
- York scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- York scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including York Hospital, Memorial Hospital York, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of York.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Misericordia Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Manorcare Health Services - Kingston Court, and Autumn House East.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawk Lake Golf Club, East Course at Briarwood Golf Club, and Grandview Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Rocky Ridge County Park and Samuel S. Lewis State Park).
- There are 144 churches in or near the city, including Open Door Christian Fellowship, St Joseph Catholic Church, and Advent Lutheran Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 108 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 55 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,769, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,755, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,109, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $124,830 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- York receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- York has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- York has a dense population density of 2,964.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of York have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- York has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.64%.