Senior Living in Yukon, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Yukon, PA: 15698
- Yukon scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Yukon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jeannette District Mem Hosp, Monsour Medical Center, and Excela Health Frick Hospital.
- There are 73 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including George\'s Personal Care Home, Easy Living Estates of New Stanton, and Whitehead Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 165 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 102 golf courses in or around the city, including Madison Club, The, Twin Oaks Golf Course, and Carradam Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA, Fox Den Acres Campgrounds, and Hazelbaker Recreational Services.
- There are 140 churches in or near the city, including Seven Dolors Rc Parish, Madison United Methodist Chr, and Hilltop United Methodist Chr.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 85 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 65 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $35,967, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,917, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,696, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.83%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Yukon receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Yukon has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Yukon has an average population density of 523.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Yukon have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Yukon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 70.08%.