Senior Living in Yulan, New York
Top zip codes in Yulan, NY: 12792
- Yulan scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Yulan scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Island Glen Country Club, Par 3 Course at Eddy Farm Hotel & Resort, and Forestburgh Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kittatinny Campgrounds & Barryville Base, Camp Simcha, and Upper Delaware Scenic and Recreational River.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony\'s Church, St Ann\'s Church, and St Luke\'s Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,073, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,727, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,846, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.26%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Yulan receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Yulan has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Yulan has a very sparse population density of 98.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Yulan have a very long daily commute time.
- Yulan has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.15%.