Senior Living in Zanesfield, Ohio
Top zip codes in Zanesfield, OH: 43360
- Zanesfield scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Zanesfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mary Rutan Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Campbell Place, Heartland of Bellefontaine, and Green Hills Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Cherokee Hills Golf Course, Liberty Hills Golf Club, and Tree Links Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Zane Shawnee Caverns and Southwind Park and Ohio State Eagles Recreation Park).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Campbell D and Dial-A-Prayer).
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.66% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,772, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,835, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,825, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Zanesfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Zanesfield has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Zanesfield has a very sparse population density of 53.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Zanesfield have a very short daily commute time.
- Zanesfield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.51%.