There are 11 assisted living facilities serving Cheboygan, Michigan. This includes 3 facilities in Cheboygan and 8 nearby. The daily costs of assisted living in Michigan range from $25 to $262, with a median expense running about $107. The per month cost averages about $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. Annually, the median cost is about $38,400, which is less than the US average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Cheboygan, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Cheboygan scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Cheboygan scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cheboygan Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carpenter's Adult Foster Care Home, The Brook of Cheboygan, and Cheboygan Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Cheboygan Golf & Country Club, Mullett Lake Country Club, and Indian River Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Waterways Campground, Aloha State Park, and Cheboygan State Park.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Cheboygan Church of Christ).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,953, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,920, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,049, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.16%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Cheboygan receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cheboygan has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cheboygan has a very sparse population density of 55.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cheboygan have a short daily commute time.
- Cheboygan has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.18%.
Cheboygan is a small city in the State of Michigan. It is located within Cheboygan County. Though the city itself is home to 14,436 inhabitants, the encompassing statistical area contains a population of 1,454,781. Around 37% of the population are over the age of 55.
Cheboygan has a medium SeniorScore™ of 67. The city has a mean per capita income of $22,000 and a mean household income is $36,000 (the Michigan state average is $46,000). The current unemployment rate is approximately 17.16% and the median home price is $159,000, which is relatively lower than the Michigan average of $177,000.
Cheboygan has very harsh average temperatures, with severely cold winters and mildly warm summers. The city gets low amounts of rain each year. Compared to similarly-sized cities, Cheboygan has average air quality ratings and an average crime rate.