There are 46 assisted living facilities in El Cajon, California. The daily costs of assisted living in California range from $33 up to $300, with a mean expenditure running around $125. The per month cost averages roughly $3,750 and ranges between $987 and $9,000. On an annual basis, the average cost is around $45,000, which is above the nationwide average of $42,000.
Assisted living costs in El Cajon, CA typically range from about $1,500 per month up to $10,075 per month, with an average cost of around $3,500 per month. That equates to a yearly cost of about $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for El Cajon, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- El Cajon scores lower than the California average of 71.
- El Cajon scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Grossmont Hospital, Grossmont Hospital, and Alvarado Hospital.
- There are 242 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bosworth Gardens II (RCFE), Rancho Stony Knoll, and Villa Alegre Senior Assisted Living in El Cajon.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 338 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Glen Course at Singing Hills Country Club At Sycuan, Monte Vista Course at Cottonwood at Rancho San Diego, and Sun Valley Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including John F Kennedy Park, Vacationer RV Resort, and Wells Park.
- There are 153 churches in or near the city, including Shadow Mountain Community Chr, Holy Trinity Catholic Church, and St Luke Catholic Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 272 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 114 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.47% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,582, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,571, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,522, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,519 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.95%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- El Cajon receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- El Cajon has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- El Cajon has a dense population density of 2,984.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of El Cajon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- El Cajon has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.96%.
El Cajon is a mid-size city in California. It is located in San Diego County. It has a population of 165,433, with 20,301,672 people in the encompassing metropolitan area. Around 23% of the population are over 55.
El Cajon has an above average SeniorScore™ of 70. The city has an average per capita income of $26,000 and an average household income is $58,000 (the California state average is $52,000). The mean housing price in El Cajon is $325,500, which is lower than the state average of $451,500. The city has a high unemployment rate of roughly 10.95%.
El Cajon has ideal average temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers. The area gets optimal levels of precipitation annually. In comparison to other cities, El Cajon has very poor water quality, very poor air quality ratings, and an average rate of crime.