There are 22 assisted living facilities serving Farwell, Michigan. This includes 7 facilities in Farwell and 15 nearby. The mean cost / day of assisted living in Michigan is about $107, with costs ranging between $25 and $262 per day. On a per month basis, this equates to a median expense of $3,200, with costs ranging from about $750 up to $7,850. The mean annual cost is $38,400, which is under the US average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Farwell, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Farwell scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Farwell scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Midmichigan Medical Center-clare).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including North Woods Nursing Center, Country Care Senior Assisted Living, and Jeffery Elaine Brewer Adult Foster Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Glen, Firefly Golf Links, and Pines at Lake Isabella, The.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Lake George Campground and Lost Lake Scout Reservation).
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Gilmore Church of Christ, Unity Church of Clare, and Farwell Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,649, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,733, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,519, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.95%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Farwell receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Farwell has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Farwell has a very sparse population density of 68.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Farwell have a long daily commute time.
- Farwell has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.34%.
Farwell is a small city in Michigan. It is located within Clare County. While the encompassing area is home to 1,454,781 people, there are 6,491 residing in the city. People who are over the age of 55 comprise approximately 34% of the community.
The SeniorScore™ for Farwell is 69. The city has a mean per capita income of $21,000 and a mean household income is $42,000 (the Michigan state average is $46,000). The current unemployment rate is about 16.95% and the median housing price is $136,500, which is relatively less than the state average of $177,000.
Farwell has harsh mean temperatures, with severely cold winters and pleasant summers. The area receives low amounts of precipitation annually. In relation to similarly-sized cities, Farwell has better than average air quality ratings.