There are 42 assisted living facilities in Garden Grove, California. Assisted living costs in California range from about $33 up to $300 daily, with a mean expense running about $125. The monthly cost averages roughly $3,750 and ranges between $987 and $9,000. On an annual basis, the mean cost is about $45,000, which is above the US average of $42,000.
Costs of assisted living in Garden Grove generally range between $2,500 per month and $8,000 per month. The average cost is approximately $3,948 per month, or around $47,370 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Garden Grove, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Garden Grove scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Garden Grove scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 41 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kindred Hospital-orange County, Garden Grove Hospital & Medical Center, and Anaheim General Hospital.
- There are 627 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Magnolia Board & Care Home, Epiphany Caring Haven, and Garden Grove Convalescent Hospital.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1782 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 135 golf courses in or around the city, including Destroyer Course at Seal Beach Navy Golf Course, \\Dad\\\" Miller Golf Course\", and David L. Baker Memorial Golf.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Anaheim Harbor RV Park, Anaheim RV Park, and Mile Square Regional Park.
- There are 452 churches in or near the city, including Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, Gospel First Korean Baptist, and Calvary Chapel Westgrove.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 988 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 65 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 534 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.56% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,810, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,769, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,027, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,370 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $159,870 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.00%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Garden Grove receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Garden Grove has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Garden Grove has a very dense population density of 9,633.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Garden Grove have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Garden Grove has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.95%.
Located in Orange County, Garden Grove is a medium-sized city in California. It has a total population of 172,782, with 20,301,672 inhabitants in the surrounding area. About 21% of the local populace are over 55.
The SeniorScore™ for Garden Grove is 67. The city has a median per capita income of $21,000. The average household income is $60,000 compared to an average of $52,000 for the state of California. The current unemployment rate is approximately 11% and the average home price is $418,500, which is lower than the state average of $451,500.
Garden Grove has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very balmy summers. The area receives optimal amounts of rainfall each year. Garden Grove has a low rate of crime, very poor water quality ratings, and very poor air quality ratings compared to other cities in the United States.