There are 19 assisted living facilities serving Granby, Missouri. This includes 1 facility in Granby and 18 nearby. The median daily cost for assisted living in Missouri is approximately $83, with costs ranging between $37 and $226 daily. On a per month basis, this equates to an average expenditure of $2,500, with costs ranging from around $1,095 to $6,780. The median yearly cost is $30,000, which is under the national average of $42,000.
Costs for assisted living in Granby, MO range between $1,599 per month and $6,090 per month. The average cost is around $2,900 per month, or around $34,800 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Granby, Missouri
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Granby scores lower than the Missouri average of 72.
- Granby scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Freeman Neosho Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Granby House, Granby Senior Citizens Housing, and Springhill, Assisted Living By Americare.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Deer Run Country Club, Neosho Municipal Golf Course, and Center Creek Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Fort Crowder Conservation Area, George Washington Carver National Monument, and Diamond Grove Prairie Conservation Area.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Diamond Christian Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $39,205, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,917, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,213, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,605 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.94%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Granby receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Granby has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Granby has a very sparse population density of 71.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Granby have an average daily commute time.
- Granby has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.61%.
Granby is a town in Newton County, Missouri. It is included in the Joplin metro statistical area. The encompassing metropolitan area has 133,682 residents, but there are only 4,680 residing in the city itself. The 55+ community composes 26% of the overall population.
Granby has a good SeniorScore™ of 70. The city has a mean per capita income of $14,000 and a mean household income is $33,000 (the Missouri state average is $43,000). The current unemployment rate is roughly 11.94% and the mean housing price is $97,500, which is significantly lower than the state average of $153,000.
Granby has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers. The area gets heavy levels of precipitation each year. Compared to other cities in the US, Granby has a low rate of crime and above average air quality ratings.