There are 19 assisted living facilities serving Hercules, California. This includes 3 facilities in Hercules and 16 nearby. The mean cost / day of assisted living in California is around $125, with costs running between $33 and $300 per day. On a per month basis, this equates to an average cost of $3,750, with costs ranging from around $987 to $9,000. The mean annual cost is $45,000, which is above the US average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in Hercules ranges from around $2,000 per month all the way up to $9,375 per month. The median cost is about $4,150 per month, or about $49,800 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Hercules, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Hercules scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Hercules scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, Doctors Medical Center-pinole, and Doctors Medical Center-san Pablo.
- There are 313 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cindy's Care Home, J P's Care Home, and Home Sweet Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 563 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 83 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Meadow Public Golf Course, Franklin Canyon Golf Course, and Franklin Canyon Golf Course.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Kennedy Grove Regional Recreation Area, Martinez Regional Shoreline, and Benicia Capitol State Historic Park.
- There are 200 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Concord Korean Baptist Church, and Pleasant Hill Freewill Baptist.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 399 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 29 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 268 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.99% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.71% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $109,276, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $94,653, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,729, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $125,925 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,158 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.88%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Hercules receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Hercules has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Hercules has a dense population density of 4,426.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hercules have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Hercules has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.22%.
Hercules is a small city in California. It is located within Contra Costa County. While the surrounding metropolitan area includes 20,301,672 people, there are 24,092 living inside the city limits. Residents who are over 55 comprise about 26% of the total population.
The SeniorScore™ for Hercules is 68. The city has a mean per capita income of $39,000. The mean household income is $95,000 in comparison to the average of $52,000 for the whole of California. The current unemployment rate is approximately 7.88% and the mean home price is $549,000, which is higher than the California average of $451,500.
Hercules has mild average temperatures, with very mild winters and balmy summers. The city receives ideal levels of precipitation each year. Compared to other cities in the United States, Hercules has a very low crime rate, lower than average air quality, and better than average water quality.