There are 21 assisted living facilities serving Hewitt, Texas. This includes 1 facility in Hewitt and 20 nearby. Assisted living costs in Texas range from about $28 up to $287 per day, with an average expenditure running about $117. The monthly cost averages about $3,523 and ranges between $825 and $8,605. Annually, the mean cost is around $42,270, which is above the US average of $42,000.
Costs of assisted living in Hewitt range between $1,850 per month and $3,149 per month. The median cost is around $2,848 per month, or about $34,170 per year.
SeniorScore™ for Hewitt, Texas
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Hewitt scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Hewitt scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Providence Health Center, Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, and Hillcrest Baptist Med Center.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Royal Manor II, Royal Manor Nursing Home, and Senior Care of Hewitt.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 113 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Cottonwood Creek Golf Course, Golf Ranch, The, and Rolling Oaks Golf Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Hewitt Park, Flat Creek Farms RV Resort, and Whitehall Center - at the Carleen Bright Arboretum.
- There are 94 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Hewitt, Peace Lutheran Church-Missouri, and Brazos Meadows Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.95% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,427, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,927, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,888, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,170 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,240 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,440 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.93%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Hewitt receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Hewitt has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Hewitt has a dense population density of 1,699.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hewitt have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Hewitt has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.83%.
Hewitt is a small city in McLennan County, Texas. It is included in the Waco metro area. Though the city itself includes 13,554 people, the encompassing area contains a total population of 176,059. 23% of the local populace are 55 and over.
Hewitt has a very high SeniorScore™ of 86. The city's mean household income is $69,000 ($29,000 per person), in comparison to the average of $47,000 for the state of Texas. The mean housing price in Hewitt is $205,500, which is somewhat higher than the state average of $142,500. The city has a low unemployment rate of around 2.93%.
Hewitt has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very temperate summers. The area receives low amounts of precipitation each year. In relation to similarly-sized cities, Hewitt has a low rate of crime and moderate air quality ratings.