There are 7 assisted living facilities serving Iron River, Michigan. This includes 2 facilities in Iron River and 5 nearby. The daily costs for assisted living in Michigan range from $25 up to $262, with a mean cost running around $107. The monthly cost averages around $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. Annually, the median cost is about $38,400, which is below the US average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Iron River, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Iron River scores significantly lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Iron River scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Northstar Health System).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Iron River Care Center).
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Iron River Country Club, George Young Recreation, and Big Sand Lake Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (US Forest Services Ranger Station and Wisconsin Slough State Natural Area).
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,760, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,433, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,632, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Iron River receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Iron River has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Iron River has a very sparse population density of 12.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Iron River have a very short daily commute time.
- Iron River has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.64%.
Iron River is a small city in Iron County, Michigan. While the city includes 6,096 residents, the surrounding statistical area has a populace of 1,454,781. Residents over the age of 55 represent approximately 43% of the total population.
Iron River has a moderate SeniorScore™ of 63. The average home price in the city is $109,500, which is significantly lower than the state average of $177,000. Iron River also has an average unemployment rate of about 6.52%. The city's average household income is $34,000 ($20,000 per person), compared to an average of $46,000 for the state of Michigan.
Iron River has extreme mean temperatures, with bitterly cold winters and pleasant summers. The area gets low levels of precipitation annually. Iron River has a low rate of crime and better than average air quality ratings in relation to similarly-sized cities.