There are 10 assisted living facilities serving Ludington, Michigan. This includes 3 facilities in Ludington and 7 nearby. The costs per day for assisted living in Michigan range from $25 up to $262, with an average expense running about $107. The monthly expense averages around $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. On a yearly basis, the average cost is about $38,400, which is less than the nationwide average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Ludington, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Ludington scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Ludington scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Memorial Medical Center Of West Michigan).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ludington Woods Living Center, Ludington Health and Rehabilitation, and Oakview Medical Care Facility.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Hemlock Golf Club, East/South Course at Lakeside Links Golf Course, and Lincoln Hills Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Vacation Station RV Resort, Poncho\'s Pond RV Park, and Cartier Park Campground.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Wesleyan Church of Scottville).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,694, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,777, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,730, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.39%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Ludington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ludington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ludington has a sparse population density of 162.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ludington have a very short daily commute time.
- Ludington has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.35%.
Ludington is a small city in Mason County within Michigan. The city has a population of 16,875, with 1,454,781 residents in the surrounding statistical area. Those over 55 make up approximately 35% of the population.
Ludington has a medium SeniorScore™ of 67. The city has an average per capita income of $24,000 and an average household income is $41,000 (the Michigan state average is $46,000). The mean housing price in Ludington is $193,500, which is somewhat higher than the Michigan average of $177,000. The city has a high unemployment rate of approximately 9.39%.
Ludington has extreme mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers. The area gets low amounts of rainfall each year. In relation to other American cities, Ludington has a moderate rate of crime and average air quality ratings.