There are 20 assisted living facilities near Montpelier, Virginia. The costs per day of assisted living in Virginia range from $39 up to $223, with a mean expenditure running around $133. The monthly cost averages around $3,990 and ranges between $1,159 and $6,681. Yearly, the mean cost is about $47,880, which is over the nationwide average of $42,000.
Costs of assisted living in Montpelier generally range between $1,207 per month and $4,875 per month. The average cost is around $3,846 per month, or around $46,155 per year.
SeniorScore™ for Montpelier, Virginia
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Montpelier scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Montpelier scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alpha House, Ashland Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Our Lady of Hope Health Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Cottage/Road Course at Hollows Golf Club, The, Hanover Country Club, and Kinloch Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Bogeys Sports Park and Mt Vernon Baptist Church).
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Chapel Church of Christ, St Peter\'s Methodist Church, and Springfield Christian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $90,981, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,470, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,476, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,155 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,991 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.18%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Montpelier receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Montpelier has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Montpelier has a very sparse population density of 92.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Montpelier have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Montpelier has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.20%.
Located in Hanover County, Montpelier is a small city in the State of Virginia. It is included in the Richmond metropolitan statistical area. While the surrounding metro area includes 1,006,618 inhabitants, there are 7,067 within the city. Around 27% of the population are 55 and over.
The SeniorScore™ for Montpelier is 78. The median housing price in the city is $372,000, which is higher than the state average of $277,500. Montpelier has a moderate unemployment rate of around 6.18%. The city's median household income is $68,000 ($34,000 per person), versus an average of $51,000 for the entire state of Virginia.
Montpelier has mild average temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers. The city gets high levels of rain each year. In comparison to other American cities, Montpelier has moderate air quality and very good water quality.