There are 29 assisted living facilities serving Oxnard, California. This includes 17 facilities in Oxnard and 12 nearby. The average cost per day of assisted living in California is around $125, with costs running between $33 and $300 per day. On a monthly basis, this equates to a median expense of $3,750, with costs ranging from around $987 to $9,000. The average annual cost is $45,000, which is over the US average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in Oxnard ranges from $1,013 per month all the way up to $8,500 per month. The average cost is around $3,800 per month, or around $45,600 yearly.
SeniorScore™ for Oxnard, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Oxnard scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Oxnard scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Johns Regional Medical Center, Anacapa Hospital, and St Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Glenwood Care Center, Maywood Acres, and Sunrise Manor, LLC.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 254 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including River Ridge Golf Club, John E. Clark Golf Course, and Seabee Golf Club of Port Hueneme.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Olivas Adobe Historical Park, San Buenaventura State Beach, and Emma Wood State Beach.
- There are 80 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Ame Church, Our Lady of Guadalupe, and Santa Clara Chapel.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 166 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 82 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.61% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,479, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,391, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,781, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.55%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Oxnard receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Oxnard has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Oxnard has a dense population density of 4,116.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Oxnard have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Oxnard has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 61.81%.
Oxnard is a mid size city in Ventura County in California. While the surrounding area includes 20,301,672 residents, there are 211,523 living inside the city limits. The 55+ community represents about 17% of the total population.
Oxnard has a moderate SeniorScore™ of 67. The mean home price in the city is $291,000, which is much lower than the state average of $451,500. Oxnard also has a high unemployment rate of roughly 9.55%. The city's mean household income is $59,000 ($21,000 per person), in comparison to the average of $52,000 for the whole of California.
Oxnard has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and temperate summers. The city receives ideal levels of rainfall each year. Compared to other cities, Oxnard has an average rate of crime, very poor air quality, and subpar water quality ratings.