There are 21 assisted living facilities serving Shafter, California. This includes 2 facilities in Shafter and 19 nearby. The median daily cost for assisted living in California is $125, with costs ranging between $33 and $300 per day. On a per month basis, this equates to a median expense of $3,750, with costs ranging from about $987 to $9,000. The median annual cost is $45,000, which is greater than the nationwide average of $42,000.
Assisted living costs in Shafter range from around $1,650 per month to $7,000 per month, with a median cost of about $3,600 per month. That equates to a yearly cost of about $43,200.
SeniorScore™ for Shafter, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Shafter scores significantly lower than the California average of 71.
- Shafter scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Livingcenter - Shafter, Carrington of Shafter, and Rising Star B and C.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Links at River Lakes Ranch, The, Wasco Valley Rose Champions Golf Club, and Sundale Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Barker Park, Cormack Park, and Westside Park.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including First Southern Baptist Church, Church of Christ, and St Therese\'s Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,130, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,466, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,849, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,010 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $23,566 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.14%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Shafter receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Shafter has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Shafter has a sparse population density of 216.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Shafter have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Shafter has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 57.84%.
Located in Kern County, Shafter is a small city in the State of California. While the encompassing metro area contains 20,301,672 people, there are 19,582 living inside the city. The 55+ community currently composes 14% of the overall population.
Shafter has a low SeniorScore™ of 58. The city has a median per capita income of $14,000. The median household income is $39,000 compared to the average of $52,000 for the state of California. The current unemployment rate is around 12.14% and the median housing price is $196,500, which is significantly lower than the California average of $451,500.
Shafter has ideal average temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers. The area receives ideal levels of rain each year. In comparison to other cities in the United States, Shafter has a moderate rate of crime and very low air quality.