There are 20 assisted living facilities serving St Helena, California. This includes 4 facilities in St Helena and 16 nearby. The daily costs for assisted living in California range from $33 to $300, with a median expense running about $125. The monthly expense averages around $3,750 and ranges between $987 and $9,000. Annually, the median cost is around $45,000, which is above the nationwide average of $42,000.
Costs for assisted living in St Helena, CA range between $2,000 per month and $9,375 per month. The average cost is around $4,150 per month, or about $49,800 yearly.
SeniorScore™ for St Helena, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- St Helena scores higher than the California average of 71.
- St Helena scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Helena Hospital, St Helena Hospital, and Veterans Home Of California.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Linda Falls Guest Home , Napa Valley Residential Care Management, LLC, and Rose Haven.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowood Resort Hotel, Aetna Springs Golf Course, and Chimney Rock Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including HALL Wines St. Helena, Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park, and Canyon Creek Resort.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Pacific Union College Church, Elmshaven Seventh-Day, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $127,988, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $79,806, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $54,776, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $125,925 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,158 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.57%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- St Helena receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- St Helena has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- St Helena has a very sparse population density of 68.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of St Helena have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- St Helena has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 89.00%.
St Helena is a small city in Napa County, California. The surrounding metropolitan area includes 20,301,672 residents, but there are 8,742 within the city. Those who are over 55 compose approximately 36% of the total community.
St Helena has an above average SeniorScore™ of 77. The mean home price in the city is $1,380,000, which is much more than the state average of $451,500. St Helena has a low unemployment rate of around 3.57%. The city's mean household income is $80,000 ($55,000 on a per capita basis), in comparison to an average of $52,000 for the entire state of California.
St Helena has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers. The city gets low amounts of rain each year. St Helena has a very low rate of crime, better than average water quality ratings, and very poor air quality ratings in relation to other cities in the US.