There are 7 assisted living facilities serving Tawas City, Michigan. This includes 2 facilities in Tawas City and 5 nearby. Assisted living costs in Michigan range from around $25 to $262 daily, with a mean expenditure running around $107. The per month expense averages about $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. On an annual basis, the median cost is around $38,400, which is below the nationwide average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Tawas City, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Tawas City scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Tawas City scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Tawas St Joseph Hospital and St Joseph Health System).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Iosco Co Medical Care Facility, Tendercare Tawas City, and Lakeview Manor Healthcare Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Singing Bridge Golf Course, Tawas Creek Golf Club, and Red Hawk Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Tawas RV Park, Tawas River RV Park, and Dewey Durant Park.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Alabaster Bible Church).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,108, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,959, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,607, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.85%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Tawas City receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Tawas City has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Tawas City has a very sparse population density of 53.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tawas City have a short daily commute time.
- Tawas City has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.87%.
Tawas City is a small city in Michigan. It is located within Iosco County. While the city is home to 5,012 people, the encompassing statistical area has a population of 1,454,781. The 55+ community currently makes up 43% of the overall population.
Tawas City has an above average SeniorScore™ of 70. The city's median household income is $41,000 ($23,000 per person), vs an average of $46,000 for the state of Michigan. The median housing price in Tawas City is $78,000, which is much lower than the Michigan average of $177,000. Tawas City has a high unemployment rate of around 12.85%.
Tawas City has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and mildly warm summers. The area receives low levels of rain each year. Tawas City has average air quality ratings when compared to other cities in the US.