There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Tyrone, Pennsylvania. This includes 1 facility in Tyrone and 19 nearby. The daily costs for assisted living in Pennsylvania range from $31 to $256, with a mean expenditure running around $109. The per month cost averages roughly $3,280 and ranges between $925 and $7,677. On an annual basis, the average cost is around $39,360, which is less than the national average of $42,000.
Assisted living costs in Tyrone range from around $1,626 per month to $9,300 per month, with an average cost of approximately $3,810 per month. That equates to a yearly cost of $45,720.
SeniorScore™ for Tyrone, Pennsylvania
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Tyrone scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Tyrone scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tyrone Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Epworth Manor, Colonial Courtyard, and Colonial Courtyard In-Home Senior Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Sinking Valley Country Club, Greenwood Golf Course, and Park Hills Country Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including First Lutheran Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Bald Eagle Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,833, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,875, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,441, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.90%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Tyrone receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Tyrone has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Tyrone has a very sparse population density of 99.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tyrone have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Tyrone has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.65%.
Tyrone is a small city in Blair County, Pennsylvania. It is part of the Altoona metropolitan area. While the surrounding statistical area includes 104,036 inhabitants, there are 13,488 living in the city itself. Those who are 55 and over compose 31% of the total community.
The SeniorScore™ for Tyrone is 68. The average housing price in the city is $180,000, which is less than the state average of $213,000. Tyrone also has a moderate unemployment rate of around 7.9%. The city's average household income is $44,000 ($21,000 per capita), vs an average of $51,000 for the whole of Pennsylvania.
Tyrone has extreme average temperatures, with tolerable winters and calm summers. The city gets average amounts of rainfall annually. In relation to other cities in the United States, Tyrone has a lower than average rate of crime and very low air quality.