There are 19 assisted living facilities near Vandalia, Ohio. The daily costs for assisted living in Ohio range from $46 up to $326, with a mean cost running around $132. The monthly expense averages about $3,971 and ranges between $1,385 and $9,780. On an annual basis, the mean cost is about $47,646, which is over the nationwide average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in Vandalia, OH can range from around $1,237 per month to $5,550 per month. The median cost is around $3,936 per month, or around $47,232 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Vandalia, Ohio
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Vandalia scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Vandalia scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Grandview Hospital & Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Children's Medical Center.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Hearth And Home at Vandalia, Hearth and Home at Vandalia, and Stonespring of Vandalia.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 274 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Cassel Hills Golf Course, Eagle Course at Kittyhawk Golf Course, and Hara Greens.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Aullwood Garden MetroPark, Dayton Memorial Park Cemetery, and Charleston Falls Preserve.
- There are 231 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Vandalia Baptist Temple.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 123 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 66 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.56% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,326, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,277, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,339, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Vandalia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Vandalia has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Vandalia has an average population density of 689.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Vandalia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Vandalia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.90%.
Vandalia is a small city in Montgomery County, Ohio. It is included in the Dayton metro area. While the surrounding area has 668,056 people, there are 15,215 residing within the city limits. Those who are 55 and over represent approximately 30% of the community.
Vandalia has an exceptional SeniorScore™ of 82. The city has a median per capita income of $28,000 and a median household income is $53,000 (the Ohio state average is $49,000). The average home price in Vandalia is $211,500, which is somewhat higher than the state average of $177,000. Vandalia has an average unemployment rate of about 7.87%.
Vandalia has tolerable average temperatures, with tolerable winters and pleasant summers. The city gets average levels of precipitation annually. Compared to other cities in the US, Vandalia has a lower than average rate of crime and poor air quality.