There are 6 assisted living facilities serving Wadley, Georgia. This includes 1 facility in Wadley and 5 nearby. The mean cost / day of assisted living in Georgia is approximately $83, with costs ranging between $28 and $265 daily. On a monthly basis, this equates to a median cost of $2,500, with costs ranging from around $850 up to $7,950. The mean yearly cost is $30,000, which is under the national average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Wadley, Georgia
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Wadley scores significantly lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Wadley scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Jefferson Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Vero Health and Rehab of Wadley and Home Place)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Ogeechee Valley Country Club, Johnson County Country Club, and Swainsboro Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Wadley Memorial Park, Tarver Grove Plantation, and Jefferson County Recreation.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Tabernacle of Praise, Powell\'s Chapel United Mthdst, and Adams Chapel Church of God In Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $27,136, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $21,526, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $9,980, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,750 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,978 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,566 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 28.17%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Wadley receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Wadley has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Wadley has a very sparse population density of 43.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Wadley have a short daily commute time.
- Wadley has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 64.32%.
Wadley is a small town in Jefferson County within Georgia. The encompassing metropolitan area is home to 1,342,727 inhabitants, but there are just 3,070 within the city itself. The 55+ community makes up 28% of the total population.
The SeniorScore™ for Wadley is 65. The city has a median per capita income of $10,000. The median household income is $22,000 vs an average of $41,000 for the state of Georgia. The current unemployment rate is approximately 28.17% and the median home price is $73,500, which is much less than the state average of $163,500.
Wadley has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very balmy summers. The area gets high amounts of rain each year. Wadley has better than average air quality ratings in comparison to other cities in the US.