Austin, TX; February 5, 2016 -- SeniorAdvice.com is offering a $1000 scholarship to an eligible student who has been a caregiver for an adult relative. One student, who will be attending college or university in the Fall of 2016, will receive a $1000 for tuition and/or books.
Email your completed questions and 2 required attachments (copy of transcript and video file or essay) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information should be provided in the email:
- Full name
- Mailing address and street address, if different
- Phone number
- Email address
- Area of study
- Name and mailing address of the university or college accepted into for the Fall of 2016
- Anticipated date of university or college graduation
- Your current GPA (high school or university/college)
- Do you agree that your application materials may be used by SeniorAdvice.com via social media, on the World Wide Web, and other media to raise awareness about elderly caregiving and volunteering? Yes or no
- Scan and attach copy of current (high school or university/college) transcript
- Video file (.mov, .mp4, .avi, or .mpeg)(3 minutes maximum) OR essay (Word or .pdf)(2000 words maximum)
In essay or video format, please provide answers to the five questions below:
- Please share your caregiving story with us. Who are you/have you been caring for and how do you help/have you helped care for this person?
- What have you learned from your experience as a caregiver? How has this experience affected you?
- What is a valuable piece of advice you’ve received from your aging family member? What is a valuable piece of advice that you’ve given to them?
- What will you be studying in school in the Fall of 2016 and how has your role as a caregiver influenced your chosen career path?
- Why should you receive this scholarship and how will it help you?
- Students must be attending a two or four year university or college in the Fall of 2016. They must have been involved in caregiving for a family member.
- SeniorAdvice.com employees and their family members are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Submission of application is regarded as acknowledgement and adherence to the following agreement guidelines below.
- Application must be submitted by July 15, 2016. Scholarship winners will be notified by August 1, 2016.
- Applicant agrees that the information in application is truthful and applicant is fully eligible to participate.
- Applicant acknowledges that if he/she receives the scholarship, funds will be delivered directly to him/her for tuition and/or books.
- Applicant acknowledges that submission of more than one application per year by the same individual will result in disqualification.
- Applicant verifies that everything required is included in submission. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- If stated, applicant agrees that SeniorAdvice.com may use their application materials via social media, on the World Wide Web, and other media to raise awareness about elderly caregiving and volunteering. Applicant agrees that his/her entry is regarded as permission to use their content in its entirety or edited as needed.
- Applicant acknowledges that all scholarship entries to SeniorAdvice.com are the property of SeniorAdvice.com and will not be returned.
- Applicant understands that SeniorAdvice.com may choose to not award or to withdraw the scholarship for any reason.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria, that include, but are not limited to:
- Quality of submission content.
- Impact the scholarship will make on the life of the student.
- Whether the applicant has addressed the application questions and satisfied the application guidelines.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by August 1, 2016.
- The winner of the SeniorAdvice Caregiver Scholarship will receive $1000 for tuition and/or books paid directly to the recipient.