There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Central Lake, Michigan. This includes 1 facility in Central Lake and 19 nearby. The average cost / day of assisted living in Michigan is $107, with costs running between $25 and $262 daily. On a per month basis, this equates to a median expenditure of $3,200, with costs ranging from about $750 up to $7,850. The average yearly cost is $38,400, which is under the nationwide average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Central Lake, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Central Lake scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Central Lake scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Charlevoix Area Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Derenzy Adult Foster Care Home, Meadow Brook Medical Care Facility, and Grandvue Medical Care Facility.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Antrim Dells Golf Club, Chief Golf Course, The, and Farm Golf Club, The.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Craven Park, East Jordan City Tourist Park, and Shanty Creek Resorts - Cedar River Village.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Hope Lutheran of Bellaire, Community Church of God, and 3Rd Bay Fellowship Outreach.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,005, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,043, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,015, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.61%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Central Lake receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Central Lake has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Central Lake has a very sparse population density of 55.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Central Lake have an average daily commute time.
- Central Lake has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.58%.
Central Lake is a small city in the State of Michigan. It is located within Antrim County. While the surrounding area contains 1,454,781 people, there are only 2,494 residing within the city. Those who are over 55 constitute about 38% of the population.
Central Lake has an above average SeniorScore™ of 72. The city's average household income is $39,000 ($22,000 per capita), vs an average of $46,000 for the entire state of Michigan. The average housing price in Central Lake is $201,000, which is relatively higher than the state average of $177,000. Central Lake also has a high unemployment rate of around 13.61%.
Central Lake has extreme mean temperatures, with severely cold winters and pleasant summers. The city receives low levels of rainfall each year. Central Lake has moderate air quality ratings and an exceptionally low rate of crime in relation to other American cities.