There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Douglass, Kansas. This includes 1 facility in Douglass and 19 nearby. Assisted living costs in Kansas range from around $57 up to $233 per day, with a median expenditure running about $124. The per month cost averages about $3,730 and ranges between $1,700 and $6,975. Yearly, the average cost is around $44,760, which is higher than the US average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in Douglass, KS generally ranges from around $2,800 per month to $6,600 per month. The median cost is $4,750 per month, or about $57,000 per year.
SeniorScore™ for Douglass, Kansas
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Douglass scores lower than the Kansas average of 73.
- Douglass scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Augusta Medical Complex).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Medicalodges Douglass, Peace of Mind - Rose Hill, and Carriage House Assisted Living .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Augusta Country Club, Hidden Lakes Golf Course, and Terradyne Hotel & Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Douglass KS Pool).
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, United Methodist Church, and Christian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are no grocery stores within city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,560, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,717, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,698, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,810 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,756 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.63%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Douglass receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Douglass has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Douglass has a very sparse population density of 32.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Douglass have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Douglass has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.25%.
Douglass is a municipality in Kansas. It is located in Butler County and is part of the Wichita metro statistical area. Though the city includes just 3,395 residents, the surrounding metropolitan area has a total population of 498,035. People over 55 comprise approximately 26% of the community.
Douglass has a medium SeniorScore™ of 69. The city has a mean per capita income of $24,000. The median household income is $54,000 vs the average of $48,000 for the whole of Kansas. The current unemployment rate is approximately 6.63% and the median housing price is $184,500, which is relatively higher than the Kansas average of $127,500.
Douglass has mild average temperatures, with comfortable winters and temperate summers. The city receives low amounts of precipitation each year. Compared to other cities in the United States, Douglass has poor air quality.