There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Fletcher, North Carolina. This includes 3 facilities in Fletcher and 17 nearby. The daily costs of assisted living in North Carolina range from $37 up to $263, with an average cost running around $98. The per month cost averages about $2,940 and ranges between $1,100 and $7,895. Yearly, the average cost is about $35,280, which is less than the national average of $42,000.
The cost of assisted living in Fletcher typically ranges from around $1,182 per month up to $5,280 per month. The median cost is about $2,500 per month, or around $30,000 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Fletcher, North Carolina
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Fletcher scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Fletcher scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Park Ridge Hospital, Park Ridge Hospital, and Margaret R Pardee Memorial Hospital.
- There are 62 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Universal Health Care-Fletcher, Beckys Rest Home, and The Oaks at Sweeten Creek.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 293 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Broadmoor Golf Links, Biltmore Forest Country Club, and High Vista Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Rutledge Lake RV Resort, Blue Ridge National Heritage Area, and The North Carolina Arboretum.
- There are 53 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Episcopal Church, Fletcher House of Prayer, and Skyland Baptist Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 133 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,076, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,803, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,196, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.04%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Fletcher receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Fletcher has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Fletcher has a sparse population density of 386.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fletcher have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Fletcher has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.21%.
Fletcher is a small city in North Carolina. It is located within Henderson County and is included in the Asheville metropolitan statistical area. The city has a total population of 16,491, with 334,352 inhabitants in the encompassing metropolitan area. About 28% of the local residents are over 55.
The SeniorScore™ for Fletcher is 79. The city's average household income is $50,000 ($28,000 on a per capita basis), versus the average of $41,000 for the whole of North Carolina. The average home price in Fletcher is $283,500, which is somewhat higher than the state average of $204,000. Fletcher has a moderate unemployment rate of roughly 5.04%.
Fletcher has mild average temperatures, with tolerable winters and temperate summers. The city receives heavy amounts of rainfall annually. Fletcher has average air quality ratings and an exceptionally low crime rate in comparison to other American cities.