There are 20 assisted living facilities near Marshall, North Carolina. The costs per day of assisted living in North Carolina range from $37 up to $263, with an average expense running about $98. The monthly cost averages around $2,940 and ranges between $1,100 and $7,895. On a yearly basis, the average cost is around $35,280, which is below the national average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in Marshall generally ranges from $1,182 per month up to $5,280 per month. The average cost is $2,500 per month, or about $30,000 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Marshall, North Carolina
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Marshall scores significantly lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Marshall scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Elderberry Health Care, Mintz Care Homes, and Madison Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Mountain Golf & Country Club, Reems Creek Golf Course, and Country Club Of Asheville, The.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Hemlock Hollow Inn & Paint Creek Cafe and Briar Rose Farm).
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Bull Creek Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Calvary Worship Ctr Church God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,596, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,107, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,914, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Marshall receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Marshall has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Marshall has a very sparse population density of 44.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Marshall have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Marshall has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.42%.
Marshall is a small city in Madison County, North Carolina. It is included in the Asheville metro area. The surrounding metropolitan area contains 334,352 inhabitants, but there are 11,670 residing within the city itself. 32% of the residents are 55 and over.
Marshall has an average SeniorScore™ of 63. The city has an average per capita income of $19,000. The mean household income is $39,000 versus the average of $41,000 for the whole of North Carolina. The current unemployment rate is roughly 6.6% and the mean home price is $240,000, which is somewhat higher than the state average of $204,000.
Marshall has mild average temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers. The area gets large levels of rainfall each year. Compared to similarly-sized cities, Marshall has average air quality ratings.