There are 22 assisted living facilities serving Fremont, Michigan. This includes 4 facilities in Fremont and 18 nearby. The daily costs for assisted living in Michigan range from $25 up to $262, with an average cost running around $107. The monthly expense averages roughly $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. On a yearly basis, the median cost is about $38,400, which is under the national average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Fremont, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Fremont scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Fremont scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fountainview Retirement Village of Fremont, Transitional Health Services of Fremont, and Newaygo Medical Care Facility.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Northwood Golf Course, Ramshorn on the Lakes Golf Club and restaurant, and Briar Hill Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Fremont Lake Campground, Mystery Creek Campground, and Little Switzerland Resort and Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Faith Baptist Church, All Saints Catholic Church, and Holton Lutheran Church-Els.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,140, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,908, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,844, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Fremont receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Fremont has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Fremont has a sparse population density of 104.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Fremont have a very short daily commute time.
- Fremont has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.40%.
Fremont is a small city in Michigan. It is located within Newaygo County and is included in the Grand Rapids-Wyoming metropolitan area. Though the encompassing area contains 611,236 residents, there are 11,065 living in the city itself. Around 31% of the population are over the age of 55.
The SeniorScore™ for Fremont is 69. The median home price in the city is $91,500, which is much less than the state average of $177,000. Fremont also has a high unemployment rate of about 10.17%. The city's median household income is $47,000 ($24,000 per person), vs an average of $46,000 for the whole of Michigan.
Fremont has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers. The area gets low levels of rainfall annually. Fremont has low air quality and a lower than average crime rate compared to other cities in the United States.