There are 21 assisted living facilities serving Hastings, Michigan. This includes 5 facilities in Hastings and 16 nearby. Assisted living costs in Michigan range from about $25 up to $262 daily, with an average expense running around $107. The per month cost averages roughly $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. On a yearly basis, the mean cost is around $38,400, which is below the nationwide average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Hastings, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Hastings scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Hastings scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pennock Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River Ridge, Magnumcare of Hastings, and Woodlawn Meadows Retirement Village Hastings.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Gun Ridge Golf Course, Hastings Country Club, and Blue/Red Course at River Bend Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Welcome Woods Campground, Pierce Cedar Creek Institute, and Sharp Park Campground LLC.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Hastings Assembly of God and Hope Church of Brethren).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.21% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,121, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,554, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,617, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.52%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Hastings receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Hastings has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Hastings has a sparse population density of 129.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Hastings have an average daily commute time.
- Hastings has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.67%.
Hastings is a small city in Barry County in the State of Michigan. It is included in the Grand Rapids-Wyoming metropolitan area. Though the encompassing metro area is home to 611,236 residents, there are 19,127 living inside the city itself. The senior community composes 29% of the overall population.
Hastings has a good SeniorScore™ of 70. The city has an average per capita income of $23,000. The mean household income is $47,000 compared to an average of $46,000 for the whole of Michigan. The current unemployment rate is around 9.52% and the mean housing price is $166,500, which is relatively lower than the Michigan average of $177,000.
Hastings has extreme mean temperatures, with medium winters and pleasant summers. The area gets average amounts of precipitation annually. Hastings has a low rate of crime and low air quality ratings in comparison to other cities in the United States.