There are 29 assisted living facilities in Loma Linda, California. Assisted living costs in California range from around $33 up to $300 per day, with an average expenditure running about $125. The per month cost averages about $3,750 and ranges between $987 and $9,000. Annually, the mean cost is around $45,000, which is greater than the US average of $42,000.
Costs for assisted living in Loma Linda, CA generally range between $1,013 per month and $8,500 per month. The median cost is around $3,800 per month, or around $45,600 per year.
SeniorScore™ for Loma Linda, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Loma Linda scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Loma Linda scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Loma Linda Va Medical Center, Loma Linda University Medical Center, and Arrowhead Regional Medical Center.
- There are 206 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including L and S Lifecare, Linda Valley Villa, and Everett Forest Board and Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 493 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 64 golf courses in or around the city, including San Bernardino Golf Club, Palm Meadows Golf Course, and Colton Golf Club.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Mission R.V. Park, San Manuel Stadium, and Redlands Recreation Division.
- There are 195 churches in or near the city, including Adventist Pioneer Library, Campus Hill Church of Seventh, and Loma Linda Filipino Sda Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 363 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 126 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,473, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,620, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,904, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.94%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Loma Linda receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Loma Linda has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Loma Linda has a dense population density of 4,416.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Loma Linda have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Loma Linda has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.13%.
Loma Linda is a small city in California. It is located in San Bernardino County. Though the city has 21,559 residents, the surrounding metropolitan area includes a populace of 20,301,672. The senior community represents about 25% of the total population.
Loma Linda has an above average SeniorScore™ of 74. The median housing price in the city is $141,000, which is lower than the California average of $451,500. Loma Linda has an average unemployment rate of around 7.94%. The city's median household income is $63,000 ($31,000 per capita), vs an average of $52,000 for the state of California.
Loma Linda has ideal average temperatures, with very mild winters and very temperate summers. The area gets optimal amounts of rain each year. In relation to similarly-sized cities, Loma Linda has a lower than average rate of crime, very low air quality, and below average water quality ratings.