There are 20 assisted living facilities near Prospect, Kentucky. Assisted living costs in Kentucky range from about $39 to $280 per day, with a mean expense running approximately $109. The per month expense averages roughly $3,264 and ranges between $1,181 and $8,400. On a yearly basis, the average cost is around $39,165, which is less than the US average of $42,000.
The cost of assisted living in Prospect generally ranges from about $2,650 per month up to $6,625 per month. The average cost is about $3,583 per month, or about $42,990 yearly.
SeniorScore™ for Prospect, Kentucky
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Prospect scores significantly higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Prospect scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clark Memorial Hospital, Saint Catherine Regional Hospital, and Central State Hospital.
- There are 83 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rivers Edge Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Atria Springdale, and Cornell Trace.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 449 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 61 golf courses in or around the city, including Hunting Creek Country Club, Nevel Meade Golf Club, and Glen Oaks Country Club.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Louisville Memorial Gardens East, Charlestown State Park, and E.P. \"Tom\" Sawyer State Park.
- There are 179 churches in or near the city, including Green Castle Baptist Church, St Francis Episcopal Church, and Westport Road Baptist Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 133 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 107 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $158,321, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $115,164, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $56,904, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,958 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.06%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Prospect receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Prospect has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Prospect has an average population density of 644.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Prospect have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Prospect has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.98%.
Prospect is a small city in the State of Kentucky. It is located within Jefferson County and is included in the Louisville/Jefferson County metropolitan statistical area. The encompassing metro area includes 811,614 residents, but there are 16,708 living within the city itself. The 55-and-over community constitutes about 28% of the total population.
Prospect has an outstanding SeniorScore™ of 90. The city has an average per capita income of $57,000. The median household income is $115,000 versus the average of $37,000 for the entire state of Kentucky. The current unemployment rate is approximately 4.06% and the median housing price is $550,500, which is much higher than the state average of $124,500.
Prospect has mild average temperatures, with comfortable winters and balmy summers. The city gets high amounts of rainfall annually. In relation to other American cities, Prospect has a very low rate of crime, very poor air quality, and better than average water quality ratings.