There are 24 assisted living facilities serving Whitehall, Michigan. This includes 8 facilities in Whitehall and 16 nearby. The costs per day for assisted living in Michigan range from $25 up to $262, with a mean cost running approximately $107. The per month cost averages around $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. Annually, the median cost is around $38,400, which is below the nationwide average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in Whitehall generally ranges from as little as $830 per month up to $4,375 per month. The median cost is around $2,950 per month, or around $35,400 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Whitehall, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Whitehall scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Whitehall scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Benston Road Home, Heartland Health Care Center-Whitehall, and Bush Creek Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Bent Pine Golf Club, White Lake Golf Club, and Blue/White Course at Hickory Knoll Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Trailway Campground, Dog Star Ranch, and Duck Lake State Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including White Lake Congregational Chr, Adullam Ministries, and Faith Lutheran Church-Missouri.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,595, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,805, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,707, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,185 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $24,193 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,489 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Whitehall receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Whitehall has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Whitehall has a sparse population density of 207.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Whitehall have a short daily commute time.
- Whitehall has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.19%.
Whitehall is a small city in the State of Michigan. It is located in Muskegon County and is part of the Muskegon-Norton Shores metropolitan area. While the city itself is home to 8,929 residents, the encompassing metro area includes a total population of 133,609. The 55-and-over community currently represents 31% of the total population.
Whitehall has a good SeniorScore™ of 72. The city has an average per capita income of $26,000 and an average household income is $53,000 (the Michigan state average is $46,000). The current unemployment rate is around 8.1% and the median housing price is $193,500, which is relatively higher than the state average of $177,000.
Whitehall has extreme average temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers. The area gets low amounts of precipitation annually. In comparison to other cities in the United States, Whitehall has a low crime rate and below average air quality ratings.