There are 6 assisted living facilities serving Willits, California. This includes 1 facility in Willits and 5 nearby. The costs per day for assisted living in California range from $33 to $300, with a mean expense running approximately $125. The per month expense averages about $3,750 and ranges between $987 and $9,000. Annually, the average cost is around $45,000, which is above the nationwide average of $42,000.
SeniorScore™ for Willits, California
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Willits scores significantly lower than the California average of 71.
- Willits scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Frank R Howard Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Northbrook Healthcare Center, Redwood Creek, and Holy Child III RCFE.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 3 golf courses in or around the city, including Brooktrails Golf Course, Ukiah Municipal Golf Course, and Little River Inn Golf & Tennis Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Creekside Cabins and RV Resort and Willits KOA).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Shiloh-gateway of Worship and Agape Bible Church).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,650, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,485, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,726, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,900 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.50%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Willits receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Willits has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Willits has a very sparse population density of 33.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Willits have an average daily commute time.
- Willits has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.62%.
Willits is a small city in Mendocino County in the State of California. It has a total population of 13,264, with 20,301,672 people in the surrounding metropolitan area. The 55+ community currently constitutes approximately 31% of the overall population.
Willits has a below average SeniorScore™ of 58. The city has a mean per capita income of $24,000 and a mean household income is $43,000 (the California state average is $52,000). The median housing price in Willits is $366,000, which is somewhat less than the California average of $451,500. Willits has a high unemployment rate of approximately 10.5%.
Willits has medium mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers. The city receives average levels of rain annually. Willits has a higher than average rate of crime and average air quality compared to other American cities.