There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Albion, Indiana. This includes 1 facility in Albion and 19 nearby. Assisted living costs in Indiana range from around $37 to $274 daily, with an average cost running about $124. The monthly expense averages roughly $3,724 and ranges between $1,095 and $8,220. On an annual basis, the average cost is around $44,685, which is above the national average of $42,000.
Costs for assisted living in Albion generally range between $1,650 per month and $7,200 per month. The average cost is $3,368 per month, or around $40,410 yearly.
SeniorScore™ for Albion, Indiana
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Albion scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Albion scores lower than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Parkview Noble Hospital and Community Hosp Of Noble County).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including North Ridge Village Nursing and Rehab Center, Chandler Place, and Hickory Creek at Kendallville.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Augusta Hills Golf Course, Limber Lost Golf Course, and Eel River Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Black Pine Animal Sanctuary, Chain O\' Lakes State Park, and Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center of Goshen College.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Albion Apostolic Camp, Albion Wesleyan Church, and Wawaka Church of Brethren.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.65% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,160, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,633, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,174, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,410 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,360 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,629 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.73%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Albion receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Albion has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Albion has a very sparse population density of 82.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Albion have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Albion has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.03%.
Albion is a small city in Indiana. It is located within Noble County. The city has a population of 7,979, with 1,151,549 inhabitants in the surrounding metropolitan area. The 55+ community currently composes about 27% of the overall population.
The SeniorScore™ for Albion is 71. The city's median household income is $48,000 ($20,000 per person), in comparison to the average of $49,000 for the entire state of Indiana. The median home price in Albion is $171,000, which is somewhat higher than the state average of $163,500. The city has a moderate unemployment rate of about 6.73%.
Albion has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and mildly warm summers. The area receives low amounts of rainfall each year. Compared to other cities, Albion has moderate air quality ratings and moderate water quality.