There are 24 assisted living facilities serving Auburn, Michigan. This includes 4 facilities in Auburn and 20 nearby. The daily costs of assisted living in Michigan range from $25 up to $262, with a mean expense running around $107. The monthly cost averages around $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. On an annual basis, the median cost is around $38,400, which is below the nationwide average of $42,000.
Assisted living costs in Auburn can range from around $847 per month to $5,010 per month, with a median cost of approximately $3,325 per month. This equates to a yearly cost of around $39,900.
SeniorScore™ for Auburn, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Auburn scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Auburn scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Bay Special Care).
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Midmichigan Stratford Village, Storypoint of Midland, and Independence Village and Storypoint of Midland.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Sandy Ridge Golf Course, Spring Valley Golf Course, and Bay City Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Central Park, Dow Gardens, and Dahlia Hill.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Grace Lutheran Church, St Joseph Church, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,341, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,488, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,549, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,900 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,650 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.30%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Auburn receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburn has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Auburn has a sparse population density of 170.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburn have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Auburn has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.01%.
Auburn is a small city in Bay County in the State of Michigan. It is included in the Bay City metropolitan statistical area. While the encompassing statistical area is home to 87,936 inhabitants, there are 6,554 within the city itself. Approximately 28% of the local populace are over the age of 55.
Auburn has a good SeniorScore™ of 79. The city has an average per capita income of $26,000 and an average household income is $60,000 (the Michigan state average is $46,000). The average housing price in Auburn is $178,500, which is relatively higher than the state average of $177,000. The city also has a moderate unemployment rate of about 5.3%.
Auburn has harsh mean temperatures, with bitterly cold winters and pleasant summers. The area receives low levels of rain annually. Compared to other cities in the United States, Auburn has better than average air quality.