There are 21 assisted living facilities serving Linwood, Michigan. This includes 2 facilities in Linwood and 19 nearby. The mean cost per day for assisted living in Michigan is approximately $107, with costs running between $25 and $262 per day. On a per month basis, this equates to a median expenditure of $3,200, with costs ranging from about $750 to $7,850. The mean annual cost is $38,400, which is below the US average of $42,000.
The cost for assisted living in Linwood, MI generally ranges from around $847 per month to $5,010 per month. The median cost is around $3,325 per month, or about $39,900 annually.
SeniorScore™ for Linwood, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Linwood scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Linwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Abet Adult Foster Care Home, Linwood Residence, and Huron Woods Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including East/North Course at Maple Leaf Golf Course, Spring Valley Golf Course, and Green Hills Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Tobico Marsh Nature Area and Bay City State Recreation Area).
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including St Anne Parish, Fraser Road Church of God, and Sacred Heart Parish Rectory.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,186, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,969, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,949, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,900 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,650 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.82%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Linwood receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Linwood has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Linwood has a very sparse population density of 94.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Linwood have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Linwood has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.23%.
Linwood is a small municipality in Bay County, Michigan. It is part of the Bay City metro area. While the encompassing metropolitan area contains 87,936 inhabitants, there are only 4,371 living within the city. The 55-and-over community composes approximately 33% of the total population.
The SeniorScore™ for Linwood is 76. The city has a mean per capita income of $26,000 and a mean household income is $53,000 (the Michigan state average is $46,000). The current unemployment rate is roughly 8.82% and the median home price is $159,000, which is less than the Michigan average of $177,000.
Linwood has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and mildly warm summers. The area receives low levels of rain each year. Linwood has better than average air quality in relation to other American cities.