There are 21 assisted living facilities serving Kawkawlin, Michigan. This includes 2 facilities in Kawkawlin and 19 nearby. Assisted living costs in Michigan range from around $25 up to $262 daily, with an average expense running approximately $107. The monthly expense averages roughly $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. On an annual basis, the mean cost is around $38,400, which is under the nationwide average of $42,000.
Costs for assisted living in Kawkawlin, MI range between $847 per month and $5,010 per month. The average cost is around $3,325 per month, or around $39,900 yearly.
SeniorScore™ for Kawkawlin, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Kawkawlin scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Kawkawlin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Bay Special Care and Bay Regional Medical Center).
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Huron Woods Nursing Center, Linwood Residence, and Red Oaks Adult Foster Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Spring Valley Golf Course, East/North Course at Maple Leaf Golf Course, and Bay City Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Tobico Marsh Nature Area, Bay City State Recreation Area, and DeFoe Park.
- There are 57 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart Parish Rectory, Fraser Road Church of God, and St Bartholomew Lutheran Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 47 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,599, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,551, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,958, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,900 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,650 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.00%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Kawkawlin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Kawkawlin has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Kawkawlin has a sparse population density of 140.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Kawkawlin have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Kawkawlin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.93%.
Located within Bay County, Kawkawlin is a town in Michigan. It is part of the Bay City metropolitan area. The surrounding statistical area is home to 87,936 residents, but there are only 4,643 living in the city limits. The 55+ community represents approximately 31% of the total population.
The SeniorScore™ for Kawkawlin is 80. The city has a median per capita income of $28,000 and a median household income is $56,000 (the Michigan state average is $46,000). The current unemployment rate is approximately 9% and the average home price is $165,000, which is less than the state average of $177,000.
Kawkawlin has very harsh average temperatures, with cold winters and mildly warm summers. The city gets low amounts of rain annually. In comparison to other American cities, Kawkawlin has better than average air quality.