There are 19 assisted living facilities serving Mattawan, Michigan. This includes 1 facility in Mattawan and 18 nearby. The mean daily cost of assisted living in Michigan is around $107, with costs running between $25 and $262 per day. On a monthly basis, this equates to a mean cost of $3,200, with costs ranging from around $750 up to $7,850. The mean annual cost is $38,400, which is under the US average of $42,000.
Assisted living costs in Mattawan, MI typically range from about $1,150 per month up to $4,400 per month, with a median cost of approximately $3,113 per month. This equates to a yearly cost of about $37,350.
SeniorScore™ for Mattawan, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Mattawan scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Mattawan scores higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bronson Lakeview Hospital, Kalamazoo Psychiatric Hospital, and Bronson Methodist Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bronson Commons, Bronson Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Care Community Lawton.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Crestview Golf Course, Prairie\'s Golf Club, and Ridge View Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Al Sabo Preserve, Bronson Park, and Arcadia Creek Festival Place.
- There are 86 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Reformed Church, St John Bosco Church, and Heritage Christian Reformed.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 63 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 61 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,987, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,929, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,083, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,350 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.60%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Mattawan receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Mattawan has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Mattawan has a sparse population density of 322.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Mattawan have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Mattawan has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.38%.
Mattawan is a small city in Van Buren County in Michigan. It is part of the Kalamazoo-Portage metro statistical area. Though the surrounding statistical area has 252,978 people, there are 9,174 living within the city. The senior community currently represents 22% of the total population.
The SeniorScore™ for Mattawan is 77. The city's median household income is $69,000 ($29,000 per person), vs an average of $46,000 for the state of Michigan. The median housing price in Mattawan is $250,500, which is relatively higher than the state average of $177,000. Mattawan also has a moderate unemployment rate of approximately 6.6%.
Mattawan has very harsh average temperatures, with cold winters and mildly warm summers. The city gets average amounts of rain each year. Compared to similarly-sized cities, Mattawan has low air quality and an average rate of crime.