There are 19 assisted living facilities serving Richland, Michigan. This includes 1 facility in Richland and 18 nearby. The costs per day of assisted living in Michigan range from $25 to $262, with a median cost running approximately $107. The per month expense averages around $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. Annually, the mean cost is about $38,400, which is less than the national average of $42,000.
The cost of assisted living in Richland typically ranges from about $1,150 per month to $4,400 per month. The median cost is $3,113 per month, or around $37,350 per year.
SeniorScore™ for Richland, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Richland scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Richland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Borgess Medical Center, Bronson Methodist Hospital, and Bronson Methodist Hospital.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gull Arbor Senior Living, Plainwell Pines Nursing and Rehabilitation Community, and Gloria's Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Gull Lake Country Club, East Course at Gull Lake View Golf Club, and North Course at Gull Lake View\'s Stonehedge & North Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Robert Morris Park, Markin Glen Park, and Fort Custer State Park.
- There are 72 churches in or near the city, including St Timothy\'s Church, Northeastern Baptist Church, and Gull Lake United Methodist Chr.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.79% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,174, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,636, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,926, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,350 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.03%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Richland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Richland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Richland has a sparse population density of 206.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Richland have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Richland has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.63%.
Richland is a small city in Kalamazoo County within Michigan. It is part of the Kalamazoo-Portage metropolitan statistical area. While the surrounding metropolitan area includes 252,978 residents, there are 6,961 living inside the city limits. The 55-and-over community currently comprises 31% of the overall population.
Richland has a very high SeniorScore™ of 87. The mean home price in the city is $309,000, which is significantly higher than the Michigan average of $177,000. Richland has an average unemployment rate of approximately 7.03%. The city's mean household income is $76,000 ($40,000 per capita), vs the average of $46,000 for the entire state of Michigan.
Richland has harsh average temperatures, with cold winters and calm summers. The area receives average levels of rain each year. Richland has low air quality and a very low rate of crime in comparison to similarly-sized cities.