There are 20 assisted living facilities serving Three Rivers, Michigan. This includes 1 facility in Three Rivers and 19 nearby. Assisted living costs in Michigan range from about $25 to $262 per day, with a mean expenditure running approximately $107. The per month cost averages around $3,200 and ranges between $750 and $7,850. Annually, the average cost is about $38,400, which is less than the nationwide average of $42,000.
The cost of assisted living in Three Rivers generally ranges from around $1,150 per month to $4,400 per month. The average cost is $3,113 per month, or about $37,350 yearly.
SeniorScore™ for Three Rivers, Michigan
The SeniorScore™ is calculated based on over 100 variables, some of which are shown below. The final score is curved based on a linear curving method. For More info visit senioradvice.com/seniorscore.
- Three Rivers scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Three Rivers scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Three Rivers Health and Three Rivers Area Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bowman Place , Riverview Manor, and Heartland Health Care Center-Three Rivers.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Sauganash Country Club, Hemlock Course at Pine View Golf Club, and Island Hills Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Klines Resort).
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Agape Family Church, Corey Church of Nazarene, and Ambassadors For Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.62% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,543, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,084, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,072, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,350 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,150 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.91%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
- Three Rivers receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Three Rivers has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Three Rivers has a sparse population density of 173.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Three Rivers have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Three Rivers has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.50%.
Three Rivers is a small city in St. Joseph County within the State of Michigan. While the encompassing metro area is home to 1,454,781 people, there are 18,380 living in the city. Those who are over 55 represent 29% of the community.
Three Rivers has a moderate SeniorScore™ of 65. The city's median household income is $45,000 ($22,000 per person), versus an average of $46,000 for the whole of Michigan. The median housing price in Three Rivers is $165,000, which is somewhat lower than the Michigan average of $177,000. Three Rivers has a high unemployment rate of around 13.91%.
Three Rivers has extreme average temperatures, with cold winters and mildly warm summers. The area receives low amounts of rainfall annually. In comparison to other cities in the United States, Three Rivers has a higher than average rate of crime and low air quality.